I enjoy making Pots de Crème. It is an easy recipe to make in the stove top and definitely a dessert to impress. You can make it up to 3 days ahead. When it is time for dessert, just top it with whipped cream and other condiments you like, such as cocoa powder and cocoa nips. This recipe is enough for 9 serving of 4oz mason jars.
Ingredients for Pots de Crème
|1 cup||Heavy Cream|
|1/2 cup||Whole Milk|
|6oz||Bittersweet Chocolate Chips|
|1/4 teaspoon||Sea Salt|
|1/2 teaspoon||Vanilla Extract|
Ingredients for Whipped Cream
|1/2 cup||Heavy Cream|
|1/2 cup||Confectioner’s Sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon||Vanvilla Extract|
1. Heat the cream and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until scalding hot.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a small heat proof bowl.
3. Slowly dribble the half of the hot milk mixture into the yolk mixture.
4. Return the mixture into the saucepan and cook till thickened over medium-low heat.
5. Constantly stir the mixture with a silicon spatula until mixture reaches 175°
6. Pour the hot mixture into a heat proof bowl with chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
7. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes and whisk the mixture to melt the chocolate chips.
8. Optional to use a hand blender to combine the mixture and create more air bubbles into the mixture for a lighter custard.
9. Pour the custard into the mason jars (3/4 full) to chill inside the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
10. Whip the cream with confectioner’s sugar until soft peaks form.
11. Fill the rest of the mason jar with the whipped cream.
12. Optional to top the Pots de Crème with cocoa powder and cocoa nips before serving.
Here is the final result which I shared with my fellow yoga teachers!
You may also like my Healthy and Easy Almond Butter Bars Recipe