The Sanskrit name for Extended Hand to Big Toe Pose is Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana (oo-TEE-tah HAHS-tuh pahd-ahng-goosh-TAHS-uh-nuh). It derives from
• Utthita – extended
• Hasta – hand
• Pada – foot
• Angusta – big toe
• Asana – pose
1. Begin standing in Mountain Pose (standing on your feet and arms by your sides).
2. Shift your weight to your left foot.
3. Draw your right knee up toward your chest.
4. Loop your index and middle fingers around your right big toe.
5. Straighten your left leg, but do not lock your knee.
6. Extend your right leg forward.
7. Keep both hips squared forward and your spine straight.
8. Slowly open your right leg toward the right side.
9. Extend your left arm toward the left side.
10. Bring your gaze to the left.
11. Hold for 5-20 breaths.
12. Draw your knee back into your chest, then slowly lower your foot to the floor to release.
13. Repeat on the opposite side for the same amount of time.
You may also like Child’s Pose